David Van Vooren
David Van Vooren
David joined David Hirson & Partners, LLP in 2014 and currently leads the Seattle office as a Partner. David concentrates his practice in corporate and investment-based immigration law.
David has substantial experience advising foreign investors and entrepreneurs on U.S. immigration matters and has successfully handled numerous L-1 and E-2 visa cases for clients with startup companies in the U.S. David also regularly advises corporations on immigration compliance issues and developing long-term immigration strategies. He has experience advising and assisting businesses on H-1B, PERM Based EB-2/EB-3, and TN visas for their foreign national employees as well as EB-1As and National Interest Waivers for the self-petitioner clients with extraordinary ability in the fields.
In addition, David works on EB-5 immigrant investor program matters, including the creation of new EB-5 Regional Centers, advising businesses on EB-5 corporate structuring and financing, and working closely with securities attorneys, economists and business plan writers to ensure compliance with EB-5 program requirements.
David prepares and files I-526 and I-829 petitions on behalf of Regional Centers and investors and is able to guide investors through the entire EB-5 immigration process. David has successfully taken the lead in assisting Regional Centers and investors in responding to complex Requests for Evidence (RFEs) pertaining to pending I-526 and I-829 petitions.
David also works alongside tax and estate planning attorneys to counsel high net worth individuals on comprehensive immigration planning.
Prior to joining David Hirson & Partners, LLP, David worked in-house at a Regional Center where he worked with outside corporate and immigration counsel to develop and structure EB-5 projects. Prior to that, David worked in the Shanghai office of a large business immigration law firm where he was a member of their global immigration practice and advised EB-5 investors on lawful source of funds requirements.
David has nearly a decade of experience living and working in China and is proficient in speaking and reading Chinese.
- Represented numerous foreign investors and entrepreneurs on strategies to establish U.S.-based businesses and transfer executive and manager-level employees in E-2s and L-1A visas.
- Assisted hundreds of foreign nationals obtain legal permanent residence through the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa Program
- Counseled several EB-5 Regional Centers and obtained I-924 exemplar approvals for EB-5 projects that amount to several hundred million in EB-5 financing
- University of Memphis School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee
- China University of Political Science and Law
- Certificate in Chinese Law
- Vanderbilt University
Classes & Seminars
- Panelist, “Options for Investors in “Busted” Deals and Terminated Regional Centers”, IIUSA 9th Annual EB-5 Industry Forum, Seattle, Washington, October 30, 2019
- Presenter, “ILW’s H-1B to EB-5 Seminar,” Immigration Law Weekly, San Jose, California, August 31, 2018
- Speaker at numerous EB-5 seminars and informational sessions across Asia
- Served as screening and review attorney at numerous citizenship clinics associated with the Seattle Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs
- Author, “How the L-1A and EB-1C Visas Can Work with U.S.-based Franchise Businesses” by David Van Vooren. EB-5 Investors Magazine, Chinese Edition, Volume 5, Issue 2, 2018
- Co-Author, “Appendix A17 – Immigration Law”, In-House Counsel’s Handbook, 5th ed.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- King County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Invest in the USA (IIUSA)
- EB-5 Verified by EB5Investors.com
Current Employment Position
- Corporate/Business, Investment, and Family-Based Immigration Law
- Immigration Litigation
- District of Columbia