You have been fortunate in your life at home.
Now you wish to open up a new world for yourself and your family by immigrating to the United States.
There you can freely decide where you want to work and live; perhaps even start a new career or enjoy the benefits of world-renowned education.
Your children will have access to public schools and you will only have to pay in-state college tuition (if you decide to live in the same state as the college or university).
Or, you may simply want to pursue happiness in the United States by building a new life, a new home, and a new future.
A qualified and experienced EB-5 lawyer can help you build that future through the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program.
The EB-5 program allows foreign investors to immigrate to the United States in exchange for investing in a qualifying business or development project that creates new U.S. jobs.
This program not only grants green cards to the foreign investors who participate, but their qualified immediate family members are also eligible to receive green cards.
Since its inception in 1990, immigration lawyers have been helping families immigrate to the U.S. through the EB-5 program and can help you successfully navigate the complex process and obtain green cards for you and your family.
To Qualify For an EB-5 Visa
There are three basic requirements that must be met in order to qualify for a green card under the EB-5 program:
- You must make an investment into a new business or development project
- The minimum investment is currently $1 million US (or $500,000 US for qualifying projects located in Targeted Employment Areas)
- The investment must create a minimum of 10 full-time U.S. jobs per EB-5 investor.
Other requirements are as follows:
- You must personally own the investment funds, although they may have been a gift from a parent, a family member, or a friend.
- You must be able to prove that the funds that you intend to invest come from a “legitimate source” and that they were “obtained through lawful means.”
- The investment must be in an active business and must be at risk.
- The investment must be made directly into a U.S. business or development project, or through a qualified EB-5 Regional Center –– a business organization specifically setup to receive and invest EB-5 funds.
Generally speaking, most EB-5 investments are at the $500,000 level and there are plenty of investment opportunities in the U.S. that qualify for this level. The investment amounts will soon increase by either an act of Congress or a new regulation.
However, proving the source of funds can be difficult for some applicants, especially those from countries where they don’t typically record income.
Nevertheless, if you who have the net worth required to invest in the U.S. economy and create jobs, the EB-5 program can be excellent way for you to obtain lawful permanent residence in the U.S.
To find out if you qualify for the Immigrant Investor Program, you need to consult with an experienced EB-5 lawyer.
Contact An Experienced EB-5 Lawyer
Our law firm has an excellent track record representing foreign investors who want to obtain a U.S. investment visa. Our EB-5 lawyers assist with the preparation of all necessary documentation and the fulfillment of all requirements. If you are would like to learn more about the U.S. investment visa or simply find out if you qualify, please contact David Hirson & Partners, LLP.