Evelyn is a licensed attorney in both California and District of Columbia. Evelyn handles all types of U.S. immigration, including both EB-5 and non-EB-5 practice areas.
For EB-5 practice, she advises individual investors, regional centers and corporate clients on all aspects of the EB-5 program, including regional center creation and investment, direct investment, source of funds strategy, and program compliance in general. For non-EB-5 practice, she leads the firm’s PERM labor certification process and handles all types of employment-based immigrant and nonimmigrant visas for individuals and domestic and multi-national corporate clients, family-based immigration visas and citizenship applications. In addition, she manages the firm’s immigration litigation process and procedures.
Her background also includes several years of immigration experience with mid-sized and large law firms. Evelyn has successfully handled B-1, E-2, E-3, F-1, H-1B, H-2B, J-1, L-1, O-1, R-1 and TN nonimmigrant visa cases for both employers and individuals. In the employment-based immigrant visa arena, Evelyn has specialized in PERM labor certification, I-140 petitions including EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, and National Interest Waiver. She also has extensive experience in representing multinational Information Technology companies, filing hundreds of immigrant and nonimmigrant visas each year, including EB-1 extraordinary ability petitions, H-1Bs, and L-1s.
Evelyn also has significant experience in civil litigation, representing both individual and corporate clients in various types of legal matters including business law, employment law, family law, car accident/personal injury, and bankruptcy.
Evelyn has native fluency in Korean.
- Developed and implemented global mobility strategies and policies on behalf of large Information Technology Companies and advised on immigration consequences of mergers, acquisitions, and corporate restructuring, employer sanctions, and immigration law audits (i.e. labor condition applications and I-9)
- Secured numerous extraordinary ability green cards, H-1Bs and L-1s for more than a thousand tech workers
- Counseled numerous individuals, families, executives, and corporate clients in all aspects of the international movement of personnel, inbound and outbound work-authorized nonimmigrant and immigrant status and filing Naturalization petitions
- Files Regional Center applications for corporate clients and prepares individual EB-5 petitions and green card applications for investors under the EB-5 Investor Visa category
- Files mandamus actions for declaratory relief for pending EB-5 cases and manages immigration litigation process and procedures