Serving Clients Across The U.S. And Around The World

Helping Foreign Visitors Enter The U.S.

With limited exceptions, most aliens must obtain a visa to enter the United States. A United States visa is an endorsement issued by the United States Department of State that permits an alien to enter the United States to perform activities allowed pursuant to the specific visa category.

The most common visa issued by the United States Department of State is the nonimmigrant visitor visa that takes the form of a B-1, Visitor for Business Visa or B-2, Visitor for Pleasure Visa. These visas are used so interchangeably that the United States Department of State officers generally issue a single combination B-1/B-2 visa.

Certain citizens of the Visa Waiver Program can use the Electronic System for Travel Authorization, or ESTA, to travel to the United States to also perform B-1, Visitor for Business Visa or B-2, Visitor for Pleasure Visa activities without actually applying for a visa. You may examine if you are an eligible citizen here:

If you are seeking to visit the United States, the attorneys at David Hirson & Partners, LLP, can provide you with the skilled immigration law services you need. Without properly handling these matters, your visit could experience delays or even have to be canceled altogether. We are here to make sure everything goes according to plan. Our law offices are in Costa Mesa, Seattle and California. We serve clients throughout the U.S. and across the world.

Learn more about our full range of Foreign Visitor Services Visas at these pages:

Obtaining A B-2 Visa

Foreign visitors must obtain a B-2 visa before entering the United States. There are a number of reasons you may obtain a B-2 visa, including tourism, social visits, participation in amateur sports, and certain medical treatments.

Whatever your situation, we can provide you with effective legal counsel.

  • If you are already in the U.S., we can help you pursue a change or extension to your B-2 visa or help you pursue other immigration options, such as a student visa or work visa.
  • If you have not yet traveled to the U.S., we can help you take the necessary steps of obtaining a B-2 visa at a U.S. consulate. If you have previously been denied entry, we can help you address those issues as well.

With nearly three decades of service, we are prepared to handle any immigration law matter you face.

We Represent Clients Nationwide And Around The World

Contact Us To Learn More

Call David Hirson & Partners, LLP, in Costa Mesa, Seattle and California at 949-441-4003 or our Seattle, Washington, office at 206-926-3973 or contact us by email to arrange a consultation with one of our immigration attorneys today.

Disclaimer: The use of the internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.