U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services added the new page to provide training materials that are required for some employees and contractors of USCIS and the Department of Homeland Security. The training materials focus on new EB-5 protocols, which apply to all USCIS and DHS workers with roles in evaluating, making policy or reviewing the EB-5 program, notes Invest In the USA, a nonprofit industry trade group serving the EB-5 Regional Center Program.
Web page focuses on USCIS changes
The new web page provides additional information on the protocol changes to the EB-5 immigrant investor program. The new protocols, issued in April by the DHS secretary, place a renewed focus on several aspects of EB-5 processing, as IIUSA notes:
- Principles guiding EB-5 processing.
- Procedures for agency leaders intervening in specific EB-5 petitions or decisions relating to Regional Center applications.
- Procedures for contact with stakeholders about specific EB-5 applications.
In addition to outlining the purpose of the new protocols, the web page links to a training slideshow. The training presentation includes information on expediting requests and reporting suspected violations of EB-5 rules on ethics along with policies, regulations, statutes and protocols.
Delving into the new EB-5 protocols
The new protocols include a number of stated purposes, including:
- Establishing conventions for properly communicating with EB-5 stakeholders.
- Continuing to improve the U.S. economy with the creation of jobs and investment of capital by foreign investors.
- Continuing to make immigrant visas available to foreign citizens who invest a minimum of $1 million in U.S. businesses that create or preserve at least 10 full-time jobs. The minimum investment is $500,000 when used in specific target areas.
Learn more about USCIS changes
A knowledgeable EB-5 attorney can work with you to determine how USCIS changes may affect your specific situation. For more information, contact the Law Offices of David Hirson & Partners, LLP, or call [nap_phone id=”LOCAL-REGULAR-NUMBER-3″.