Serving Clients Across The U.S. And Around The World

Four of the best ways for investors to immigrate to the U.S.

On Behalf of | Jun 2, 2021 | Immigration

If you’re an investor who wants to immigrate to California or another state in the U.S., you have several ways to achieve this goal. It’s good to learn more about the various options you have, so here are four potential ways you can immigrate to the United States as a foreign investor.

Making an EB-5 direct investment

If you have the funds, you can immigrate to the United States by making an EB-5 direct investment. To do this, you’ll need at least $1 million to invest in your own business and employ at least 10 people for two years. If you meet these conditions, you can get a permanent green card within about 18 months.

Entering into an EB-5 regional center investment

Another way you can immigrate to the United States is by investing in a pre-approved EB-5 regional center. You’ll need to invest a total of $500,000 over five years. By doing this, you can get conditional green cards for you and your immediate family.

Becoming an inter-corporate transferee

It’s also possible for a company to transfer you from your current position into a similar role with an affiliated business based in the United States. Before you can qualify for this program, you’ll need to have worked in the United States for at least one year out of the past three years.

Obtaining an E-2 work visa

If the country you live in has an investment treaty with the U.S., it’s possible to form and work for an American-based business with an E-2 work visa. If you’re having trouble meeting these requirements, it could be wise to speak with a firm that handles immigration law claims.

When you’re interested in investing as a route to U.S. residency, it could be wise to speak with an immigration litigation attorney. With an attorney’s help, you might be able to immigrate to the United States as fast as possible.