Serving Clients Across The U.S. And Around The World

Documentation you need when applying for EB-2 certification

On Behalf of | Sep 28, 2021 | Immigration

In California, there are a variety of visas you can apply for as an immigrant. If you are trying to get an employment-based visa like EB-1 or EB-2, it’s important to know how to apply. Equally critical is knowing what documentation you must include in your application for EB-2 certification.

Advanced degree

Per immigration law, you need to include proof of an advanced degree that goes beyond a bachelor’s or the equivalent from your home country. You should also show that you have five years of work experience in your given profession since acquiring your degree. The proof can be shown in the form of your degree itself and a letter from past or current employers.

Exceptional ability

You should prove that you have exceptional ability in the arts, business or sciences. This means your skill goes above and beyond ordinary skill in those areas. A license to practice your profession is necessary. You may also show that you are a member of a professional association.

National interest waiver

While you don’t need sponsorship from an employer to obtain a national interest waiver, you must file your certification with USCIS with the completed Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker. The waiver is meant to show that it’s in the United States’ best interest to allow you to obtain the EB-2 certification. You need to prove that your work in the country has national importance and merit, that you are in a good position to advance the work you propose to do and that you should get the labor certification due to the benefit for the U.S.

Having the right documentation is important when you want to obtain your EB-2 certification to work in the United States. With your exceptional ability in your chosen field, you deserve to get the opportunity to showcase your talents in the country.