Visa issues are paramount to many California residents. The latest bulletins are here to guide your path to becoming a citizen as well as keep you out of financial and legal trouble. For immigrants and their families, this is one issue that should never be neglected.
Family-based visa categories
It’s important to know the correct categories of visas for yourself or your loved ones. Almost all visas fall under the categories of family or employment. The most commonly accessed family-based visa categories include:
- F-1: For married children over the age of 21 of U.S. citizens
- F-2A: For spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 of U.S. green card holders
- F-2B: For unmarried children over the age of 21 of green card holders
- F-3: For married children of U.S. citizens
- F-4: For siblings of U.S. citizens
Employment-based visa categories
There are also several types of bulletins that relate to employment-based visas. These can include the following:
- EB-1: For outstanding researchers, executives and managers of multinational corporations and other professionals
- EB-2: For holders of advanced degrees
- EB-3: For skilled workers, including holders of bachelor’s degrees as well as certain types of unskilled workers
- EB-4: For special immigrants
- EB-5: For investors
Bulletins regarding information related to visas are posted on a regular basis. It’s a good idea to check local sources to make sure that the information you have is up to date, which can help you avoid problems related to immigration. Staying abreast of updates can ease your journey to citizenship.